However, I do have these episodes to thank for introducing one of my favourite characters: Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North. I love her spunk and her commitment to protocol. I love her impulsive self-sacrificing acts and her natural leadership skills. She just makes me smile!
![]() |
| Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North |
So, after two hours of agony (actually 4, because I watched "World War Three" 3 times in a row), the only "deep" thought I had was the seemingly insignificant. At the end of the day, who was it that saved the world? The "life-long back-bencher" and "the idiot"! How many people around us - people we live with, work with, attend church or school with, or just people we pass routinely on the street - do we deem insignificant. In our own conceited eyes they are nothing. But only God knows how important they are to His plan. Or maybe you see yourself as the stupid one. Well, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. And God wants to give you a hope AND a purpose! "God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise." I mean, His handpicked group of disciples weren't exactly an A team! But look how they changed the world!
So a) don't be so hard on yourself when you feel like a loser, and b) don't be so hard on the "losers" around you - they may surprise you!
![]() |
| Ricky (Mickey) the Idiot |
And there you have it. You've waited a long time...for nothing! :) O but wait. Nothing = important...so BOOM! This is the most important thing you'll read all day!


No comments:
Post a Comment